I saw this great article in Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate and thought it had some great points that I would like to elaborate on.
Today’s Homebuyer is looking for certain characteristics in their Real Estate Professional. All of the points below are what I am seeing as I work with buyers.
1. Brutal Honesty: The Buyer in today’s market is looking for guidance and support. Often this means that they want to hear the truth of a situation (even if it is hard to hear). They want to get to a resolution quickly and most effectively reach the desired goal.
2. Exceptional Service: Today’s Buyer is looking for top level service. They desire an expert in a desired area who can answer the questions they have, but also help answer the questions they did NOT ask (but should).
3. Clear Direction: The Buyer in today’s market wants an agent who has a clear path to their desired result. They want someone who listens to what they are looking for, and will have a full plan of how to get them into their dream home.
4. The Right to Choose: Today’s Buyer wants to right to make choices during the buying process. They are educated consumers and have opinions about certain things. This is also important why Clear Direction (above) is important to Buyer’s know what areas they CAN have a choice in.
5. Professional Input: The Buyer in Today’s Market wants to make sure they are making the decisions. It is important as a Buyer’s Agent that you give your Buyers the information to process so they can make the best informed decision for their lives and their family.
6. Sympathetic Ear: Today’s Buyer wants an agent who is sympathetic to their needs and challenges, yet also strong enough to remind them of the ultimate goal, which is finding the best house at the best price in the most desirable location.
How about you? What do you look for in a Real Estate Professional when buying your home?
Comment below or contact our office at 919-818-5001 with any questions and/or comments you may have.