In addition to the NHL All-Stars Skills Competition on Saturday, January 29, and the All-Star Game on Sunday, January 30, there are many other events for the whole family in the Raleigh area during All-Star Weekend.
On Friday & Saturday at the FREE event NHL All-Star Wide Open in Downtown Raleigh, there will be concerts and shows at the new Raleigh Amphitheater, the Fayetteville & Martin Street Stage, and the Progress Energy Stage at City Market. No tickets are required for any of the concerts. Friday’s activities begin at 5pm and fireworks cap off the night’s festivities at 10pm. On Saturday, the doors open at 10am and close at 6:30pm.
For the kids, Paperhand Puppets will have a Procession Parade at 6:30 pm Friday and 12 noon on Saturday. Kids of all ages will be able to sled on man-made snow on Cabarrus Street and ice skate in City Plaza. Later, you can warm up at the heated Artisan Village while you check out the local artists’ wares. Then head over to the Beer Garden and food vendors for some refreshment. Here’s a map to guide your journey.
Concerts @ Raleigh Amphitheater
3 Doors Down
Big Daddy Love
At the Raleigh Convention Center, the NHL Fan Fair [$8 advance (at Harris Teeter), $10 at the door] fans can enjoy over 30 interactive attractions and exhibits such as:
* Meet NHL Alumni
* Check out the NHL Trophy Display presented by Discover
* Take a Picture with the Stanley Cup
* Test your Hockey Skills in the Honda NHL SuperSkills Zone
* Play the latest NHL 2K Sports Hockey Video Game
* Create Your Own Hockey Trading Card presented by Upper Deck
* Collect Rare Hockey Memorabilia
* Visit the McDonald’s Kids Zone designed for Young Hockey Fans
* Trade current and vintage Hockey Pins in our official Pin Trading Area
* Visit the Time Warner Cable Sports Step Thru the Screen Experience
* Test your Accuracy in the Bridgestone Shoot Out Challenge
* Try on your favorite NHL Player’s Equipment in the Reebok Locker Room Display
Fan Fair Hours are:
Friday, January 28: 3:00pm – 10:00pm
Saturday, January 29: 10:00am – 7:00pm
Sunday, January 30: 10:00am – 3:00pm
This is a great way to enjoy the NHL All Star Game and enjoy some time with the family!