If you want to consider all of the areas near Durham, NC, you should include Granville County on your list. Located north of Raleigh and Durham, and Durham and Wake Counties, this county has a lot to offer as a great place to live. Its smaller towns are charming, and major interstates have good access. Towns located in the county include Butner, Creedmoor, Oxford, Stem, and Stovall.
Housing in Granville County
Housing is more affordable in this surrounding area than in areas closer to the cities of Raleigh and Durham but is still within a 30-40 minute drive to the RDU airport. Here is a link to available homes for sale in Granville County.
Here is a list of features that make this area attractive and worth choosing as your home:
- Interstate 85 has six Granville County interchanges and provides convenient access to Interstate 40 and the Raleigh Durham International Airport.
- Recreation areas include a number of places to fish and boat – Falls Lake, Beaver Dam Lake, Lake Butner, Roanoke River, and Tar River. See this link for more information https://www.granvillecounty.org/residents/recreation/lakes-in-around-granville-county/
- Vance-Granville Community college, offers more than 40 curriculum programs
- Granville County Schools have the following:
- 4 Public High Schools including an Early College High School
- 4 Public Middle Schools
- 8 Public Elementary schools
- 2 Charter schools – Falls Lake Academy in Creedmoor and Oxford Preparatory School in Oxford
This is just one of the counties in my service area so, if you are considering a move into the area or within the area, I would be happy to have a personal conversation with you to help you determine which county would be best for you.
Contact Amy Shair
Feel free to call me with any questions: 919-818-5001. Call or text Amy for your Shair of the market! Or contact us here!
Visit our Facebook page here – – > https://www.facebook.com/AmyShairRealEstate