Moving out of NJ, CT, MA, NY? Come to North Carolina!
Come to North Carolina! – 2021 seems to be the year that people in the NE are ready to make their moves to a new state. Top reasons many are moving out of the northeast:
- High cost of living
- Too much cold/snow
- Limited job opportunities
- High cost of housing
- High taxes
So, moving to NC solves all of those issues!
- Cost of living is reasonable – You can afford to drive, live, work and enjoy entertainment options.
- Weather – We have all 4 seasons, but get little snow or ice each winter.
- Job opportunities – Many employers are expanding into our area, we have a diverse job market and are a great area for new businesses.
- Housing cost – In 2021, you will pay more than your friend or co-worker did for a house in NC a couple of years ago but you still get a lot of house for your money. The median price of residential property in the Triangle area, which includes Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and surrounding suburbs, is $380,000. You can buy a townhome for under $175,000 and for $700,000+ you can buy a beautiful home.
- Taxes in NC – We have a 7% state income tax but we do not have a school tax. Property tax on a $400,000 home ranges from $3,500-5,500 per year.
Come to North Carolina!
My family moved from Massachusetts to NC in the 1980s and found NC the best choice. It is easy to travel for a vacation or to visit relatives. NC has a large number of colleges and universities – the state schools are still very affordable and have a good track record producing jobs for graduates. The Triangle area in particular is perfectly positioned geographically – 2 hours to the beach, 3 hours to the mountains, 5 hours to DC or Atlanta.
Contact me to help you find your dream home in North Carolina!
Visit our Facebook page here – – > https://www.facebook.com/AmyShairRealEstate